I’m sure you’ve wondered on several occasions: who blocked me on Instagram? Who blocked me on Facebook? Well, there are several ways you can find out who has blocked you on Instagram and Facebook. In this post, we’ll take a look at some of the most popular methods to find out who has blocked you on these social networks.
Before we proceed however, it is important to know that neither Instagram nor Facebook allows you to see directly who has blocked you. But there are third-party applications and websites that allow you to do so. Also, you can always find out manually.
When someone blocks you on Instagram, he/she automatically unfollows you. And likewise, you automatically unfollow him/her as well. Also, you will be unable to follow him/her even if you’re able to view his/her profile. However, he/she will still be able to view your profile and photos (if your privacy is set to open).
We have written in another post how to find out who has unfollowed you on Instagram and Twitter. Feel free to check it out also.
Who Blocked Me on Instagram? – The Manual Way
The surest way of finding out who has blocked you on Instagram is by doing it manually. If you suspect that someone has blocked you on Instagram, all you have to do is go to the search bar, enter the name or username of that person. If you’re unable to view his/her profile, or if the username or name doesn’t appear on the search results, it means he/she has blocked you.
For this post, I decided to look up my younger brother whose Instagram handle is ‘ithiek’. You will notice from the screenshot below that he does not appear in the search results page at all.
However, I was able to get ahold of his handle from one of my photos that he liked before he unblocked me. When I tried to follow him, I was unable to do so.
Another way to find out manually if someone has blocked you on Instagram is when you’re unable to follow that person. If you cannot follow that person, it means that he/she has blocked you.
Who Blocked Me on Facebook? – The Manual Way
To see if someone has blocked you on Facebook manually, go to the search bar and search for his/her name. You will most likely not see any results with that name. If however you have managed to enter the profile page of that person (by clicking on his/her profile link from elsewhere), you will see an error message that reads, “Sorry, this content is unavailable right now”, or something to that effect.
Over the years, I’ve learned that there are several ways I could find out who blocked me on Facebook, some of these are:
- Looking up old conversations — Go to your inbox and look at the last conversation you had with that person. If there is no profile picture associated with that user, and/or if there is no name associated with that person, it either means he/she has blocked you or has had his/her account deactivated.
- Look up your Friends list — If you can no longer find that person on your Friends’ list, it either means he/she has blocked you or has had his/her account deactivated.
- Find profile link — If you remember the username of that person, his/her profile link will look like this: www.facebook.com/username. Enter the username. If you get an error message saying that this content is unavailable right now, it means he/she has blocked you. Also, you can find the profile link of that person by digging up posts or photos where he/she might have been tagged.
While this manual method is effective and 100% accurate, it does not tell you who has blocked you. This method only works when you suspect that someone has blocked you. And neither Facebook nor Instagram alerts you when you have been blocked.
So, we’ll take a look at some website applications and mobile apps that can tell you who has blocked you on Facebook and Instagram even when you don’t have any suspects.
Who Blocked Me on Instagram – Find Out Using Apps
For the integrity of this post, we’ll only list out two of our favorite apps — one mobile app and one website app — to find out who has blocked you on Instagram.
StatusBrew is a very cool website that allows you to easily manage most of your social networking accounts, including Instagram. It allows you to login using your Instagram or Twitter account.
Here’s how I use StatusBrew to find out who blocked me on Instagram:
- Login using Instagram account.
- Click on your Instagram Account. Your Insta account would have been linked to Statusbrew when you login.
- When your Instagram account is loaded, click on ‘New Unfollowers’ tab on the left sidebar. This will bring out a list of all your unfollowers. If there are no results yet, check back after a while.
- People who block you on Instagram immediately unfollows you, so go to your Instagram app and search for the names of the people who have unfollowed you from the list. If you cannot find their profiles, it means they have blocked you.
StatusBrew does not give you the option of finding out who blocks you, and this maybe a downer. But you can find these out by looking up the profiles of the people who have unfollowed you. This won’t be a huge number, because normally, you will only have a few number of new unfollowers.
Android & iPhone App
For Android users, InstaFollow for Instagram app by Innovatty LLC seems to be one of the best apps to find out who has blocked you on Instagram. You can download the app from the Google Play Store.
Once you have installed the app, simply login using your Instagram credentials. Upon logging in, you will see the people that have blocked you on the main dashboard, as seen in the screenshot below.
For iPhone users, Blockers Spy for Instagram – tracking IG blockers app by Fraoula is a good app built for the sole purpose of finding out who has blocked you on Instagram. You can keep track of all the people that have blocked or unfollowed you using this app.
Unfortunately, we haven’t been able to locate any apps that can do the trick for Facebook. But there are several ways you can do this manually as we have mentioned earlier in the post.